1.WHAT IS THE COST OF CAREGIVER SERVICES? Cost of services is primarily determined by the level of care needed. To do this, we send over a staff member or case manager to evaluate the client’s care needs so we can quote on an accurate cost. This evaluation process is totally free.
2. WHAT TYPE OF SERVICES ARE PROVIDED? We provide professional caregivers, Home Health Aides, and Certified Nursing Assistants. Caregivers provide assistance for (but are not limited to:)
• Ambulation & Mobility (transfers, wheelchair, and walking) • Exercises & Therapies • Meal Preparations & Mealtime Supervision • Personal Laundry & Light Housekeeping • Incontinence & Toileting Assistance • Errands & Shopping • Escort to Doctor’s Appointments • Hospital & Facility Sitters • Monitoring of Vital Signs Different in-home care agencies provide different services. Please visit the Services page for a list of WHITEHOUSE CARES services, and talk to your local office for more details.
3.ARE CAREGIVER SERVICES COVERED BY INSURANCE OR MEDICARE/MEDICAID? Medicare and Medicaid do not cover the cost of caregiver services. However, some long-term insurance policies do provide coverage. In most cases, we assist and facilitate the insurance claims for caregiver services without any extra fees or charges.
4. WHAT ARE THE MINIMUM HOURS FOR CAREGIVER SERVICES? Eight hours minimum.
5.HOW SOON CAN WHITEHOUSE CARES PLACE A CAREGIVER? As soon as you need one. We will assess your personal situation and have a caregiver in place on day one for you. We have a Rapid Care Response system that offers quick service when an unexpected situation presents itself.
6. ARE YOUR CAREGIVERS INSURED? Not only are WHITEHOUSE CARES caregivers insured, they are also required to complete a thorough background check. We make certain all caregivers are insured and properly screened in order for your loved one to be fully protected.
7. DOES YOUR IN-HOME CARE AGENCY CONDUCT BACKGROUND CHECKS ON YOUR CAREGIVER? All WHITEHOUSE CARES caregivers are required to complete a thorough background check. We make certain all caregivers are insured and properly screened in order for your loved one to be fully protected.
8. ARE YOUR CAREGIVERS TRAINED TO HANDLE TOUGH CLIENTS? WHAT KIND OF TRAINING AND CONTINUING EDUCATION DOES THIS IN-HOME CARE AGENCY PROVIDE TO YOUR CAREGIVERS? As a premier in-home care agency, we make certain that our caregivers are prepared to handle anything. We adhere to a detailed training curriculum with both mandatory and elective courses. Most if not all of our caregivers have Nursing backgrounds. 9. IF THE CAREGIVER DOES NOT WORK OUT, WHAT DO YOU DO TO FIND A REPLACEMENT? From the beginning, we ensure that we provide the best and most compatible caregiver match for you or your loved one. If for any reason, the caregiver placed is not working out, we will work as quickly as possible to place a new one in the position. This is one of the great benefits of using a home care agency.
10. WHO SHOULD I CONTACT WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT MY CAREGIVER? You can call your local WHITEHOUSE CARES office and speak with the Supervisor. Rest assured that we will look into your questions or comments immediately.
11. DO I PAY THE CAREGIVER DIRECTLY, OR DO I TIP THE CAREGIVER? You do not pay the caregiver directly and our caregivers cannot accept tips. You pay your local office directly. WHITEHOUSE CARES accepts most methods of payment. The hourly rate for a caregiver differs by location.
12. WHAT IF MY CAREGIVER DOES NOT SHOW UP FOR A SCHEDULED SHIFT? This is a very rare event. But if it does occur, the current caregiver will have to stay till the next caregiver is provided by the agency. We make sure that the client is not left out without some taking care of him or her.
13. WHO WILL I MEET AT THE INITIAL IN-HOME CONSULTATION? This varies by location, but in most cases, the owner and/ or a registered nurse or client care manager will visit you in your home to learn more about you.
14. HOW DO YOU FIND AND RECRUIT QUALITY CAREGIVERS? We have several reputable methods of recruitment for finding and hiring caregivers that include specific websites, target groups, job fairs, focused advertising, and school programs. Once we recruit potential caregivers, we will assess their merits through interviews conducted via telephone, in person and sometimes in groups.
15. HOW OFTEN IS CARE AVAILABLE? At WHITEHOUSE CARES, we will structure a care plan that meets your needs. Whether you need help for just a few hours a week or 24/7, we’re here to make life easier for you and your family. To schedule an in-home care assessment, contact your local office.